When the temperature drops, we take special precautions to protect ourselves from the cold by bundling up with coats, hats, and scarves. But we are not the only ones that need to be protected from the freezing weather, our pipes need to be taken care of as well. Oftentimes during the winter, copper pipes can freeze, causing major damage to your plumbing.
In order to avoid the need for costly repairs, here are eight tips that you should follow:
- Disconnect all gardening hoses and
install covers on all outside faucets.
- Keep your house temperature at 68 degrees or higher, even if you’re leaving the house for an extended period of time.
- Open cabinet doors below sinks to allow heat from the home to circulate.
- Identify the location of the main water valve and the valve on your water heater so you know where they are in case of an emergency.
- Wrap pipes nearest exterior walls and in crawl spaces with pipe insulation or with heating tape. This can prevent freezing, especially for interior pipes that run along outside walls.
- Close all windows near water pipes; cover or close open-air vents. Freezing temperatures combined with wind drafts can cause pipes to freeze more frequently.
- Insulate outside walls and unheated areas of your home.
- Shut off water supply valves to your washing machine if you plan to be away from home for an extended period of time.
With these simple solutions, you have one less thing to worry about this winter.
Choose Our Plumbing Services
You can trust Custom Services with all of your plumbing needs. We are dedicated to providing you with only the best solution to any issue at your residence or work. Our guaranteed work will ensure 100% customer satisfaction. We are proud of our highly qualified, friendly, and helpful employees who work with 100 percent dedication. Any of our work is fully guaranteed. Our highly skilled plumbers use only the certified and cutting edge plumbing tools. Our rates are completely transparent and will make any potential customer fully aware of the rates when they inquire about the job.
Simply, call 918-622-8686 to schedule our plumbing professionals today. We service all of greater Tulsa, including Broken Arrow, Jenks, Owasso, Collinsville, Sapulpa, Glenpool and more. We are A+ rated with the Tulsa Better Business Bureau and ready to help with all your plumbing needs.